Friday, April 17, 2015

Story Seed - Survivor

Image Source: http://khempavee.deviantart.com/art/Crystal-Suite-493467932

The last thing I ever saw was the darkening sky as millions of billions of tiny specks filled my vision, clouding out all light. The Iron Wind howled around me, tearing into my flesh, digging into the ground, infiltrating the substance of everything around me. That was the last thing I heard. The smell and taste of metal overwhelmed those senses before they too disappeared forever. The pain however, the pain just went on and on, a current of agony that stuck me and carried me away, never relenting, never releasing me. Only submerging into the unfeeling numbness of unconsciousness saved me from insanity.

Some time later, I have no way to know how long, I emerged from the darkness, reaching for awareness and finding that I could still think, still feel. I was blind and deaf. I could neither smell nor taste, and I still do not know if I even have a mouth or nose. The pain was gone at least, replaced by nothing. Not numbness, I was aware of my body, I could feel it, but I could feel nothing beyond it. It was as though floating in the air.

With only the barest sensation of temperature, and nothing more, I became lost in my own mind, adrift in my thoughts. I don't know how long I have been like this, I don't know how much longer I can go on like this.

Please. Help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment