|Image Source: http://www.deviantart.com/art/GOBLIN-MECHANIC-93728011|
Level: 3 / Magician / Artificer
Qart is clever for a goblin. Clever especially with items of technology. With a small amount of magical talent as well, it was no surprise that he was able to get himself employed by an Inquisitor. What could have been a lifelong career of hunting demons was cut short when an experimental device freed a bound demon. The Inquisitor took a rather dim view of this failure on Qart's fault and the goblin had to flee to avoid becoming the next heretic hunted down by his former master.
In short order Qart found himself in Freeport, where the somewhat looser laws would ensure that any past misdeeds on the continent would probably not catch up with him. It has been a dozen years since all of that and Qart has managed to eke out a decent living building specialty items and repairing machinery in the port city.
His history aside Qart manages to stay gracious toward his clientele, which, combined with his expertise, keeps him in coin. Unfortunately that civilized veneer hides a stingy and self-centered outlook that comes from the hardships of his past. Deep down Qart is still haunted by his past mistake, and the one hole in the armor of his self interest are potential demonic incursions.
- Health: 13
- Healing Rate: 3
- Defense: 13
- Perception: 14
- Insanity: 0
Size: 1/2 (short and round)
Appearance: Short and fat with a wide, leering grin.
Odd Habit: You punctuate your sentences by spitting.
Power: 2 (Rank 0: 3 per day, Rank 1: 2 per day, Rank 2: 1 per day)
Languages: Common, Elvish; you can read all languages that you speak
Backgrounds: Inquisitor's Henchman, Engineering (academic), Navigation (academic), Law (academic)
Interesting Thing: the true name of a very minor devil
Race & Class Abilities
- Shadowsight You see in areas obscured by shadows as if they were lit.
- Sneaky You gain 1 Boon when trying to hide or move silently.
- Immune Damage from disease; the charmed and diseased conditions.
- Iron Vulnerability You are Impaired while touching iron.
- Cantrip: Whenever you discover a tradition you learn an additional rank 0 spell from that tradition.
- Spell Recovery: Use an action to heal equal to your recovery rate and regain on expended casting of a spell. Usable once per rest.
- Artificer's Bag: You have a bag of spare parts worth 12 gc for the purpose of creating artificer items. See SotDL page 61 for full details.
- Sense Magic (rank 0, SotDL pg 55)
- Technomancy (Intellect)
- Rank 0
- Jury Rig (SotDL pg 142)
- Magic Wrench (SotDL pg 142)
- Rank 1
- Bolt Thrower (SotDL pg 142)
- Caltrops (SotDL pg 142)
- Sparking Shield (SotDL pg 142)
- Rank 2
- Grenades (SotDL pg 143)
- Protection (Intellect)
- Rank 0
- Magic Lock (SotDL pg 137)
- Secure Site (SotDL pg 137)
- Rank 1
- Force Field (SotDL pg 137)
Equipment: dagger, sling w/20 stones, fine clothing, backpack, cloak, week of rations, waterskin, tinderbox, coil of rope, 2 torches, tool kit, healing potion, & pouch w/ 10cp,