Level: 3 / Rogue / Mystic
Fairhilde is, at least as far as she knows, the last of her clan. While she was away studying a rare dwarfish martial art her clan's ancestral home was set upon and destroyed by trolls. If any other Goldhearts survived the massacre, she hasn't heard, and so she believes that she is the last of her clan. With no home to return to Fairhilde returned to her studies of the Way of the Stone Fists. Few dwarfs show much promise in the art, and the monks only gather enough students in any given generation to ensure the continuance of the art form and their particular philosophies. Fairhilde was a natural however, and after the death of her clan she threw herself into her studies and soon attained the rank of Wandering Disciple.
As a Wandering Disciple Fairhilde travels between all of the dwarf clans to learn the stories of their ancestors, to learn from their masters of the Way, and to attain greater skill via combat in the world above. Fairhilde has also made it a personal mission to hunt down trolls when she hears of them. Slaking her hatred in their blood is but a slight balm for her grief.
Her travels have brought her to Freeport by accident. She boarded the wrong ship, and instead of traveling to the lands of the White Cliff clan she ended up in this city of brigands and pirates. Fairhilde knows that she must earn enough gold to buy passage back to the mainland, and in that she is keenly aware that her skills can earn her that money.
Fairhilde is a student of the dwarfish Way, and as such she is used to surrendering her will to the ancestors, dwarfish custom, and the common good. She secretly suspects that she may have ended up in Freeport by will of the ancestors, though for what reason specifically she has not yet discerned, but the large number of clanless dwarfs in Freeport may have something to do with it.
- Health: 24
- Healing Rate: 6
- Defense: 15
- Perception: 13
- Insanity: 0
Size: 1/2 (avg. build)
Appearance: You take better care of your appearance than most dwarfs
Power: 2 (Rank 0: 3 per day, Rank 1: 2 per day, Rank 2: 1 per day)
Languages: Common, Dwarfish (speak & read)
Backgrounds: Keeper of the Ancestors, Wandering Pilgrim, Exile
Interesting Thing: an ever-sharp folding knife
Race & Class Abilities
- Darksight You treat shadow and darkness within medium range as lit. Beyond medium you treat darkness as shadow and shadow as lit.
- Hated Creature You hate Trolls and gain 1 Boon when attacking them.
- Robust Constitution You take half damage from poison and gain 1 boon on challenge rolls to avoid or remove the poisoned condition.
- Nimble Recovery Heal damage equal to your healing rate and move 1/2 your speed without triggering free attacks.
- Trickery Once per round attack with +1 Boon, if you attack with a boon from this deal +1d6 damage
- Exploit Opportunity Once per round when your attack total of 20+ and exceeds the target's defense by 5+ you may take another turn at any point before the end of the round.
- Roguery Talent: Magic
- Enlightened Defense While you are not wearing armor or wielding a shield, you have a bonus to Defense equal to 1+ your Power.
- Iron Fist You unarmed attacks deal 1d6 damage
- Qi Focus You can spend an action to focus your Qi, see pg 13 of the Demon Lord's Companion.
- Qi Strike You can spend your Qi Focus to deal additional damage with an unarmed strike, see pg 13 of the Demon Lord's Companion.
- Battle (Intellect)
- Rank 0
- Augmented Attack (SotDL pg 118)
- Rank 1
- Close Wounds (SotDL pg 118)
- Mighty Attack (SotDL pg 118)
Equipment: 3 torches, dagger, staff, basic clothing, backpack, week of rations, waterskin, tinderbox, pouch w/ 5cp,