Saturday, August 19, 2017

#RPGaDay 2017 - Day 19

As found on: http://autocratik.blogspot.com/2017/07/rpgaday-2017-announcing-rpgaday-again.html

August 19th) Which RPG features the best writing?

Hmm... let's say this is writing of setting. I'd have to say I really enjoy the way Shadowrun details the turbulent lead up to the Sixth World. Also of note is Numenera for the way that it present information for easy consumption, including notes in margins, page cross references, and the like. It's a great presentation method. 

For rules I'd have to look at things like how easy the rules are to grasp based on presentation, and how enjoyable the reading of said rules is. While I can't say as I'm a huge fan of FATE for various issues (mostly with regard to it just not aligning to my sensibilities) the Atomic Robo RPG by Evil Hat using the FATE engine is fantastic because it uses panels out of the comics as examples of the rules in action. It's both a brilliant tie-in to the source IP and a fantastic way to showcase how rules and dice translate to story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment