Tuesday, August 29, 2017

#RPGaDay 2017 - Day 29

As found on: http://autocratik.blogspot.com/2017/07/rpgaday-2017-announcing-rpgaday-again.html

August 29th) What has been the best-run RPG Kickstarter you have backed?

Hands down it has to be Robert Schwalb's Shadow of the Demon Lord. While I didn't end up taking to the game as I had hoped (though I would like to try playing it with a good GM to see if I was just a bad GM for it) I have to hand it to Mr. Schwalb for the amazing execution. For the better part of a year after the initial release of the core rules there was an adventure module, setting expansion, rules addendum, or similar product released on Mondays. Not only was there something new EVERY WEEK but they were high quality, generally highly polished products. There was no instance of a shoddy offering, or a rushed production. The game may not have been my cup of tea, but it certainly demonstrated how a good Kickstarter could be run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment