Thursday, August 10, 2017

#RPGaDay 2017 - Day 10

As found on: http://autocratik.blogspot.com/2017/07/rpgaday-2017-announcing-rpgaday-again.html

August 10th) Where do you go for RPG reviews?
I find reviews crop up in my Google+ stream with enough frequency that I don't need to seek them out. On occasion that I do I usually just Google the product in question or check DriveThru RPG.

Uhh ... that was quick, sorry.

B-b-b-bonus question! Largest in-game surprise you have experienced?

Since this was last years August 10 question I'll answer only within the past year's worth of gaming. I think the largest in game surprise of my past year came from a relatively recent session of Dungeon Crawl Classics run by +James Walls for his monthly Sunken City tour. THE Free Company (yes, it's a terrible name, and yes THE has to be all caps) had just banished the Mist Men from the area around Slither's End. Triumphant we headed back to town to get our just rewards and find the next line of investigation/plot hook. Instead we found that we were hundreds of years in the future and my retired psychic (and God-mayor of Slither's End) had become a God-Emperor and apparent benevolent tyrant over the countryside. While I knew James was planning something with my former PC around getting the remaining players to the Purple Planet the idyllic countryside and time jump were rather surprising.

No comments:

Post a Comment