Sunday, August 13, 2017

#RPGaDay 2017 - Day 13

As found on: http://autocratik.blogspot.com/2017/07/rpgaday-2017-announcing-rpgaday-again.html

August 13th) Describe a game experience that changed how you play.

The first time I ran Numenera, well before the "generic" Cypher System Rulebook was out, it was my first time GMing where I didn't have to deal with dice. Where I had a clear mechanic for throwing disastrous curve-balls at the PCs. It changed how I looked at RPGs and changed how I wanted to run games. I no longer needed to fudge dice, or use a big GM shield. The system was so simple that I rarely need the book for anything other than reference for creatures or PC abilities. While I do GM other games, Cypher System may well be my favorite system to GM in because it gets out of my way and let's me focus on giving the players a good game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment