Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Nuts & Bolts #126 - Mutant Crawl Classics - Repeater Bears


Post-apocalypse games have always been something I've enjoyed. I posted last year about why I was backing the Mutant Crawl Classics Kickstarter on the basis of my love for After the Bomb. I've been posting a lot of Cypher System content lately related to After the Bomb, but Mutant Crawl Classics released to backers recently and so it's only fitting that I begin to look at that game and embrace it's altogether different brand of post-apocalyptic craziness.

Ultimately, I'm not sure if MCC will earn itself a dedicated "day of the week" slot like other games/features have, but for now I'll slide my creations into N&B as an outlet...

So I saw somebody use the phrase "it bears repeating" elsewhere and now I have this crazy idea for Repeater Bears ...

Repeater Bear

Repeater bears are mutations caused by exposure to the ancients' broken and malfunctioning time dilation technology. Repeater bears have mutated the ability to become unstuck in time. They appear much like normal bears but have faint after images and pre-images caused by their temporal echoes. These temporal echoes can be made physical by interaction with temporally stable matter. Though they are not sentient they are intelligent enough to control the repeater bear's natural abilities in combat making them especially ferocious, being capable of striking multiple times thanks to their temporal echoes.
Repeater Bear: Init +1; Atk bite +4 melee (1d4+2) or claw +5 melee (1d6+1); AC 17; HD 4d8; MV 20’ or climb 10’; Act 1d20; SP Bears Repeating; SV Fort +2, Ref +6, Will +4; AL N.
Bears Repeating: When attacking, if the repeater bear hits it's target, it may attack again with a cumulative -1d penalty until it misses or the target it dead.  

1 comment: